help please stereo install >

help please stereo install

Notices

help please stereo install

Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please stereo install

I hope this aint long. I am want to install a second battery, amp and sub-woofer in a donzi 22zx. Right now the radio has power and holds memory. I want to run radio and amp off second battery with perko switch. How do i hook this up, any help greatly appriciatted.

Bryan
Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Registered

I`m guessing you`ll want to be able to use the radio from either battery or both batteries at once depending on the situation, so I wouldn`t set your system up the way that you`re describing, running only from one battery. Simply connect the perco up to you two batteries the way the instructions will describe and then connect your amp up to the perco too. This gives you the option then of running it from either battery and also using one battery while cruising with the stereo on and switching to the other when you`re stopped & running your stereo from it, that way you`ve always got a good battery to get you home if u over do it with the tunes.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered

Would you connect the amp to the center post on the perko? or one of the others to isolate?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

i would have a battery dedicated to starting, & a battery for your stereo. If the amp can run off both batts, you could run the risk of running down the batts to a point where they dont have enough juice to crank the engine.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

I should have worded that better. I just put together a whole new system (opening day of boating here in Seattle) The amp cables are just sitting back there in the corner, I can hook them to the Perko. Or I can hook them to one of the batteries.

What would be the best. I think last year I just had it on the stereo batt, but then you have to remember to lift the seat and isolate once you toss the anchor to kick it.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Hook them to the second battery
Old 04-30-2010, 03:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.atkinsonelectronics.com/list.asp?lt=mar

look at application 3 on the last page of this - http://www.atkinsonelectronics.com/p...s/DBCM-75A.pdf

Last edited by jackhammer; 04-30-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Hook them to the second battery
That is how I would do it.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered

cool, thanks.

Actually, one more q. What about the stereo turn on wire. Last year mine was hot all the time, perko off or not. I'd kinda like when the perko is OFF, that everything is off. So, does the Yellow go to the perko or the batt?

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

That's up to you. I have no power to anything when my perko's are off. Keep in mind, you will lose radio presets if the boat sits for a while.
A stereo can also have a very slow drain to the battery over a long period of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.