exhaust help >

exhaust help

Notices

exhaust help

Old 03-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default exhaust help

I have a set of stainless marine exhaust the water mixes right at the transom the are straight for the riser thru the transom. I ran the engine and noticed alot of moisure inside the riser, I'm not sure if its just because the temp is 40 degrees outside and condensing or its reversion, The exhaust is fine no enternal leaks the cam is a 575 lift 234/244 on a 114 seperation. any suggestions would be helpful thanks Jeff
Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

How long did you run the motor? Did you get it up to temp? It sounds like you are running the correct exhaust for the cam.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

You could also be seeing moisture that is from condensation from within the engine and blowing out the exhaust also. The weather and storing conditions will dictate the possibilities of moisture within. Like Jeff mentioned, if you got the engine up to temp? I wouldn't concern myself much until the weather warms up and you run it for a while getting the running temp up there and then do the same check you did today. Did you just check the one side or both?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I got your pm, wait untill you get it up to temp before you check it. When engines are cold they dump out moisture. I use ss tips with the internal ss flapper. Reversion comes from the engine sucking back water from the exhaust. It sounds like you are set up correctly. Also after you run it check your oil, if it looks milky you have a problem.