stereo electrical noise >

stereo electrical noise

Notices

stereo electrical noise

Old 04-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there had the same problem all the noise you are having and my radio is all set up through amps. I finally found that the problem was the head unit. Replaced it and it rocks like crazy. Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by steveh1209
So what i found is if I ground head unit directly to block eliminating boat harness. Noise still there. If I add a ground wire from head unit chassis straight to block noise goes away completely. Still shuts off momentarily when running trim or hatch. Something must have happened to head unit. It isn't even a year old never would've thought it was the culprit.
you probably fried the noise suppressor in the unit..you can go to radio shack and pick up a external one and hook it up in line to the power wire,are the RCA's separated from the power wires going to the amp?