RTV/ Ultra Black on intake gaskets? >

RTV/ Ultra Black on intake gaskets?

Notices

RTV/ Ultra Black on intake gaskets?

Old 04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Well its done, i'll hose test it in a few days...I better have gotten it this time!!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Still waiting for results
Old 04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BIGJIM
Still waiting for results
turns out i did it for nothing.......its condensation and I took boat out for 4 hours today out in ocean oil temp only gets to 180 with the lazer gun i need to do oil temp gauge, i want to run 220 to burn off condensation, valve covers get a little condensation but oil looks ok, changed it once after 2 hour run yeterdat then did some more hours today, runs great about 69mph chine walks bad.

I pressure tested cooling system, it held 18psi for 1 hours.....damn condensation!!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to this site,but not the engine building seen, i work for a engine machine shop. we have in our full size cauiking guns, napa ultra black rtv. we go thru at least 4 a month and never ounce had a sealing issue with it. clean dry proper mounting surfaces and a little trv in the common areas is all you need and cant stress enough proper torque of the fastner and parts putting together.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ballon78
turns out i did it for nothing.......its condensation and I took boat out for 4 hours today out in ocean oil temp only gets to 180 with the lazer gun i need to do oil temp gauge, i want to run 220 to burn off condensation, valve covers get a little condensation but oil looks ok, changed it once after 2 hour run yeterdat then did some more hours today, runs great about 69mph chine walks bad.

I pressure tested cooling system, it held 18psi for 1 hours.....damn condensation!!
180 oil temp will burn off condensation,i believe mercury sais 160 oil temp is ok.my oil temp is 175 at 50 mph cruse,at prolonged wot,it will not go over 215.hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i used the ultrablack for years,but their is something much better and i now use it all the time,it is called the right stuff.it seals much better than ultrablack.
Is that sensor safe like ultra black?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
180 oil temp will burn off condensation,i believe mercury sais 160 oil temp is ok.my oil temp is 175 at 50 mph cruse,at prolonged wot,it will not go over 215.hope this helps.
I've always heard 200+ to burn off condensation. Doesn't 212 degrees fit in the equation somewhere (boiling point of water)?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tackledackle
I've always heard 200+ to burn off condensation. Doesn't 212 degrees fit in the equation somewhere (boiling point of water)?
I wouldn't think you're trying to "boil" the water out of your system per se. It seems to me that getting the oil hot enough to make the water in it want to steam should suffice.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
I wouldn't think you're trying to "boil" the water out of your system per se. It seems to me that getting the oil hot enough to make the water in it want to steam should suffice.
Makes sense. Thanks.