Crane Roller Rocker??? >

Crane Roller Rocker???

Notices

Crane Roller Rocker???

Old 04-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crane Roller Rocker???

I have crane roller rockers and when putting the new heads on we cracked a poly lock and I have went to every parts store around here and they cant find the correct one.

The top of the rocker has the numbers 1.7 and then on the other side it says 13 and at the bottom it has 4-84.

I know what the 1.7 means but it dosent seem to be enought to help me find the correct crane part number for the roller rockers which i need to identify the poly lock size I need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:33 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every poly lock I ever scene looks the same except for the ones for stud girdles that are longer. And of course the different stud size 3/8 or 7/16. Sorry I don't have any spares but I do have 2 sets of girdles for sale.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts

rs,
A parts store is not where you want to be Find a local machine shop that does performance work and chances are they might even have one sitting around. There are several different dimensions on poly locks and you need to get the correct one. The numbers on the rockers wont help, take a good poly lock with you. If nobody can help you, send me the dimensions and I will get you one. You need to know the outside diameter, the "wrench" size and the overall length. A pic would make it even easier. I probably have a few spares just sitting taking up space.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BillK
rs,
A parts store is not where you want to be Find a local machine shop that does performance work and chances are they might even have one sitting around. There are several different dimensions on poly locks and you need to get the correct one. The numbers on the rockers wont help, take a good poly lock with you. If nobody can help you, send me the dimensions and I will get you one. You need to know the outside diameter, the "wrench" size and the overall length. A pic would make it even easier. I probably have a few spares just sitting taking up space.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
Bill,

I have tried every machine shop and parts store in town with no luck. The last place said if I could find the roller rocker part number he could look at his old crane book and get the exact specs of the poly lock it came with. I know its 7/16 studs and 5/8 head and about 1 inch long. I would be forever in debited if you have one!!! I can call with my cc info or paypal and I will pay for overnight
Old 04-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts

rs,
Call me in the morning after 8 .... 301-843-5700 If I have one its yours, or I can get one drop shipped from the PBM http://www.pbm-erson.com/facilites.php warehouse in Wentzville, or you could even drive out there and pick it up if you want. They dont sell to the public, but if I tell them you are picking it up for me they will give it to you.

The most important dimension is the size of the "slot" in the rocker arm. The poly lock has to fit in there and there are a couple of different diameters.

Let me know,

Bill
Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Rockstar38

I have some used poly locks from my last rebuild. They are for 7/16" studs, 5/8" hex heads, 1" long, and approximately 5/8" in diameter. If this is what you are looking for then PM me and I'll send a couple of them out first thing in the AM.

Mike
Old 04-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

You can feel the love on this thread!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,476 Likes on 801 Posts

I'm sure I have a few laying around so if you still need one let me know and I will NINJA ya one.

John
Old 04-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

Rocky, have you checked with Brett at PBB. I know ASH needed a single crane gold last year and they had some.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the cranes do take a thin wall nut...summit jegs does have them, you will need to know the OD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.