k-plane questions-mainly indicators >

k-plane questions-mainly indicators

Notices

k-plane questions-mainly indicators

Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default k-plane questions-mainly indicators

i just got a set of 280 k planes and i have a few questions. first can i use trim pumps on them? i think they may go too fast but i thought i read that you could adjust them?

second, i bought a blue water trim indicator for it. i am not quite sure how the cables hook into the k plane. my buddy has a set sitting in the shop and they have a attachment on the pin connecting the ram to the trim tab and then a bushing deal on the transom plate. the ones i have do not have either, it appears that there was a spot that had a hole with 2 allen heads threaded into it but there is nothing there besides the bolts, and the one side is all corroded right there so i think i am gonna have to have it welded, only bad spot i can see in them though. i am not in a hurry to get these on, i just wanna start collecting parts so that when i install them i have everything i need.

i have a baja sport 250 hull, as far as mounting i have read that i want to be 1/2"-3/4" above the edge. do i push them to the sides of the boat as far as possible with out running into the swim platform? that seems to be right in my mind but i have never installed tabs before so i wanna be sure.

i think thats about it, if anyone has pumps, hoses (inside and out) or indicator cables for a 25'ish boat message me

also as posted 100 times before i am looking for a center section of a baja sport 250, es 250 or 270 windshield in any condition, snapped in half for all i care.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

There is a kit you can buy for the indicators. It has a fitting for the cable to come through and connect to the ram.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

are all k plane transom plates the same? the kits i looked at cost more then the k planes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Not sure if they are all the same. Mine are 10+ yrs old. I don't remember the kit costing very much.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Check through Rex. See other pages also.

http://www.rexmar.com/page85.html

Hope this helps. I am doing the same thing right now.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To slow the hydraulic speed down. You can modify the connection fitting where the hyd lines hook up to the pump. I took my 90 degree fittings and tapped the side going into the pump with a 10-32 tap. Then I took 10-32 set screw and drill it out the same size as what the allen keys is. (.090) After the set screw is installed flush into the fitting. Take a small chiesel or center punch and score the set screw and fitting to keep the set screw from backing out. Or you could just put flow controls on each line. This is probably easier. But doesnt look as clean IMO.