Holley Marine 830 leaking? >

Holley Marine 830 leaking?

Notices

Holley Marine 830 leaking?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Marine 830 leaking?

I changed the jets on my #9022 Holley last fall and had to knock out a broken J Tube to replace it. I just started the boat and fuel is dripping out of the primary linkage shaft on the linkage side. I'm not sure if I may have damaged it when I was resting it on the linkage trying to knock out the broken J Tube. The shaft doesnt appear to have any more play than the secondary which is not leaking. The carb is about 20 years old. Does anyone know if the shafts are O-ringed? Could I have knocked a needle out of alignment or messed up a float? Any suggestions?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your carb was hit/dropped hard enough to break a J tube, you may have cracked the carb body. I suggest to remove the carb and work on a bench. Fill the fuel bowls and see if you see where it is leaking.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

look in the throat of the card and see if its dripping fuel,could have jared the float adjustment...also did you replace the float bowl and metering block gaskets? could be seeping from their..
Old 05-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

J Tube was broke on it when I bought the boat. It ran fine for 2 years. It has a 177 Weiand on it and was jetted for 3K ft and I boat at 5K so I dropped the jets to 85 primary and 96 secondary one size and replaced the power valve. I pulled it off and it is leaking from the primary shaft on the outside.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're losing fuel out the throttle blade shaft, you're probably dumping A LOT of fuel down the throat. Check you j tubes for a stuck float. There's no fuel, vacuum passages on the sides, so it must be coming from the j tubes or jets in the carb throat.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

I rebuilt it today and everything seems fine.

Thanks