Pirate Com
62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Intercom's

Old 05-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercom's

I am looking at purchasing an intercom system, I am looking for advise. Tiger Performance, or Piratecom?
pirate is much cheaper, but is the savings worth it? I do not race competitively. I just want to be able to listen to music and talk with my passengers without screaming or turning up the stereo. I ran with my ANR's and Ipod and loved it but the head set didn't stay on all that well. Boat should run 115mph. So looking for some options. feel free to vote in the poll and or give your opinion on other options. Also if anyone has a used set I might be willing to buy used.
Thanks
Old 05-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black and white...and I have owned both. Tiger is a high end stereo based system. Piratecom is a low end mono system that functions for communication, but is marginal while running with tunes. Both work, but you get what you pay for. We never did get the phone on my BlackBerry to interface with Piratecom. Think about what is really going to be the primary use. Nothing is going to be great if you are not behind an effective windscreen as you compete with the wind. It is also hard to keep the headphones stationary above 75-80MPH.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:03 PM

Have the tiger system on a boat the run about 75. Still hear alittle wind noise but were happy with them. The headsets seem to say on very well in rough water and at that speed.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Thanks, looks like Tiger. Is there anything out there that works above 100? I see race boats with them, wonder what they are using? If I am going to spend 5K, i would like them to work and not blow off.
Any advise is appreciated
Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it's not mentioned but my buddy has Revolution, it took him a lil to get it dialed in but they sound great! Still tough to get them from moving at 90...
Old 05-17-2010, 09:57 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I know it's not mentioned but my buddy has Revolution, it took him a lil to get it dialed in but they sound great! Still tough to get them from moving at 90...
I agree. I have Revolutios myself. After some fine tuning, they work great but do blow off at times.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most race boats have the intercom built into the helmets. This eliminates the wind noise and blow off.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Who makes them, I want to look at everything for the price I want to make sure I get the best posible.
Thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

I have the Piretcoms in our Sonic. They work good just little wind noise over 70 but i think at 100 they will be noisy. I wish i could find out.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

I wonder if ear buds would be better than head sets? Talking to the crew would be nice but listening to the tunes would be nice. I think they make ANR buds. I still like the Tiger setup but @ near $4,000 thats a lot to talk to people. But i dont want to spend $2,500 for pirate and be unhappy.... Decissions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.