Help--got Gas?? >

Help--got Gas??

Notices

Help--got Gas??

Old 05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help--got Gas??

Who has the best gas to use in OHIO to TN? Does all of it have enthanol now..
Do any of you like to treat your gas with anything? Currently I run 89 on 454mag mpi's that have EMI exhaust, Voretch breather and the ECU bumped a little for a little more timing and raised the Rev.
Wonder how you find out if stations have the summer gas yet?

I ran some gas from Meijer and I vapor locked like crazy.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Almost all gas in both of those states are running 10%. ethanol based fuel can actually run with a little bit advanced timing since ethanol burns quicker. The best thing to do is call your local fuel distributors and they can tell you who does and doesn't have ethanol in their fuel. Non ethanol fuel, NEAT fuel, is going to be more expensive and it will only be a matter of time before you can't buy it hardly anywhere.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I run Sunoco in my High Performance stuff. They recently took away our 94 octane, but the 93 works well for me.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont know if you know this but it is likley that if the station uses ethanol, both the 89 and 87 pumps are more than likely 90%unleaded and 10% alchohol. Due to gov. subsidies it is cheaper to sell 89 in the 87 pump which is leagal because it is a higher grade. However you must maintain a minimum oct that is on the pump but no ceiling on octane. If you run ethanol make sure you treat it with somthing, I use sta-bil marine for ethanol protection.
You best option is to use the 92 or higher stuff it is worth it in the long run. It has been my experence that there is always a bit of water in the bottom of the station tanks, which is below the p/u pipe. But when you add alchol it tends to change the specifc gravity of the mix and allows it to be picked up by the pump and results in a free ride into your expensive ride.
I delivered gas diesel and jet for 5 years,,,stay away from ethanol at all cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!