Fresh water flush questions >

Fresh water flush questions

Notices

Fresh water flush questions

Old 05-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh water flush questions

I have a 32 fever with fresh water flush system. I don't know that much about them but I hooked up the water hose to start the port motor and water was pouring out of the exhaust ports in the bottom of the gimbal housing but when I shut the valve and went to the starboard motor barely any water came out of those holes. Any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

So are you saying the starboard motor wasn't pumping any water out either the thru hull exhaust or the exhaust ports in the drive?
Old 05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No i did have water coming out of the exhaust when I started it but hardly any water coming out of the exhaust ports before I started it. The port motor was dumping water out of the exhaust ports before I started it.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I think you might have a damaged impeller on your port engine that is allowing the hose pressure to blow by. It might surprise you to see that sometimes a damaged impeller will still move enough water to cool the engine, but it is damaged enough that the hose water pressure will pass through. Your starboard engine is acting normally.

Hope this helps.