Notices

O2 sensor - need install location

Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM
VP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor - need install location

I purchased an Innovate LM-2.

I have a 2001 575SCi that needs A/F tuning after converting to a hyd roller cam. I think I am way lean now.

I thought i would install the sensor bung at the very top of the port side header just before the clamp, but it looks like the water blends in with the exhaust just after the clamp. If this is true, I am concerned about reversion sucking water backwards onto the sensor and killing it.

Soooooooo - where is the best place to locate an O2 sensor on these headers ????? (see attached photo of my engine and headers)
Attached Thumbnails O2 sensor - need install location-fountainx33.jpg   O2 sensor - need install location-fountainx49.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
VP
Registered

moving it up - need help ....
Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

minimum 18'' before it blends at the tip, usually cylinder 8 runs lien so i would install on the starboard side straight up or 10* port or starboard of center..you need to drill though both inner and outer pipe,knock the inner pipe closer to the outer pipe then tig weld the bung on the inside on the outside all the away around the bung with 317 ss rod..make sure the bung is 316 ss or it will rust..
Old 05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
VP
Registered

Thanks for the response Fixx --- I will pull the Starboard side and install over there. I will tig weld as you said.

One question - You said 18" before it blends at the tip - was I incorrect by assuming it blended just after the top most part of the header just after where it is clamped ? I have captains choice and I know there is water at the directional control flapper valve. 18" might be close.