thermostat housing/exhaust/hose routing questions >

thermostat housing/exhaust/hose routing questions

Notices

thermostat housing/exhaust/hose routing questions

Old 05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default thermostat housing/exhaust/hose routing questions

i am running a older style thermostat housing that has the 4 1" in/outs on the vase of it for older style manifolds then has another part that bolts on to the top that i have ran to the exhaust. the 4 in/outs are capped off right now so they do not do anything. i was trying to figure out where to put a thermostat, i am not running one now and i dont think the motor is getting up to temp like it should. so while researching i ran into a article about cold verse warm manifolds/thermo housings. they mentioned the warm manifolds halped prevent condensation in the exhaust which i am having a issue with which leads me to really wonder if i even have this setup even close to correct. i was gonna use the "cold water" housing like what most newer motors seem to have, been trying to get one but now that i read this i think i need the warm water style? here is the link i am looking at. by the way i have the gil hp500 exahust on my boat

http://www.perfprotech.com/store/art...ling-tips.aspx
Old 05-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

so i am not getting any feedback and i have been doing allot of research. can someone tell me what the difference is if i have the thermostat housing off of like a newer 502 that has only the water in, water to circ pump and the 2 outlets to the exhaust which would enter the bottom of the gils verses the thermo housing that looks like hp500 style where it has the inlet water, outlet to circ pump, the cap outlet over thermostat that goes to the bottom of the manifold and then a brass "tee valve" on the top front of the housing going to a tee that attatches to he top of the manifold and joins the riser here....
Old 05-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

If you are refering to new ones with closed cooling, the water in is for the exhaust only. If you do not have closed cooling you want to run it exactly like the link you posted.
Hope that helps
Old 05-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered

its raw water. the link shows both styles. thats why i am so confused. i think i want the warm water style becasue i already seem to have condensation issues going on in the risers