Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Gaffrig gauges: what do you guys think? >

Gaffrig gauges: what do you guys think?

Notices

Gaffrig gauges: what do you guys think?

Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gaffrig gauges: what do you guys think?

I'm considering going with some Gaffrig gauges in the 21... I hate the idea of rewiring the whole dash just to get the new Livorsi's in there (looks like I'd have to because of the deutch connectors)

Anyone running Gaffrigs? If so, how do you like em? I see they have 270* sweep gauges now, thats nice. I've never ran any gaffrigs and was hoping to hear some input.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

installed them on my last 2 boats,they worked good,didnt fog either ,I would use them again,
I like them better then the L gauges
Old 05-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

I have the 270 sweeps in mine. I love them, just becareful the orange needles fade fast in the sun. I've had to send water pressure guages back several time due to leaking. They replace them for free.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

That's all i run in my boats..mike is a great guy to deal with,warranted stuff that was out of warranty..that's got to tell you something
Old 06-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Registered

just put a gaffrig tach in my boat.

boat came stock with all of them gaffrig.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
just put a gaffrig tach in my boat.

boat came stock with all of them gaffrig.
my boat ( 96 top gun ) came w/ black on white gaffrigs. they were great. i checked the calibrations and even after all that time they were very close. 3 years ago i was changing things around a bit and ordered a couple replacements... they came orange on white which pissed me off... so i ended up changing all of them. huge mistake. 1/2 of them fog, the accuracy is garbage ( two fuel press gages hooked up to the same sensor read 8 psi different and neither is correct ) and the quality ( as compared to a stewart warner or even an autometer is just poor. and as mentioned earlier, the first thing that happened was the orange all faded away.

never again.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Registered

well i got an old tach that was never installed so maybe its the same as the old ones and will hold up.....only one way to find out.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have them in my checkmate work great had a sender issue that they took care of quickly, even the speedo is almost spot on with my GPS...
Old 06-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

If I had it to do over again I would go Gaffrig and NOT Livorsi! My trim guage had the trim ring popping off and Livorsi wanted $15 to fix it? I never installed it. Then I ordered two additional guages (oil press and temp) and I ordered the Mega ring when I needed the Race ring. I called Livorsi and offered to drive up to their office and exchange them for the guage with the right ring. They said "that will be a $15 charge per guage to change the rings". All they would have had to do is give me two new guages and put mine back on the shelf. They were new never used. Also the newest gauges no longer use glass lenses. The ones I recieved that have a mgf sticker of 5/10 on them have a cheaper plastic lens. After these two experiences I will not by Livorsi products again unless I'm trying to match something. Their customer service stinks and product quality is only OK.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not trying to hijack here...

My 2003 Velocity has Gaffrig gauges and in small print at the bottom of each gauge it says Livorsi Marine USA.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.