Any idea where these wires go >

Any idea where these wires go

Notices

Any idea where these wires go

Old 01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The wires for the trim sender should be in the wire harness around the distrib/bell housing area. These will be the 1 male, 1 female end set.

The wires going to the pump are for the trim limit switch, not the gauge. These will have both male ends.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 01-22-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
The wires for the trim sender should be in the wire harness around the distrib/bell housing area. These will be the 1 male, 1 female end set.
The female should hook to a male that goes to the mercathode control module ground. The other one will run to the gage on the dash for trim.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered

Thanks,
I went from an efi motor to a carb motor, would this matter. i guess i really have to look around but thus far i haven't seen any loose wires..also it does not have the mercathode..can i just ground the female wire...

also if i can't locate the wire can i just run two wires from the trim sender guage down to the sender sender unit wires..how could i make this work..

thanks again
Q
Old 01-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My cruiser didn't have the Mercathode and the wires just plugged into the harness. Take a closer look. I've seen wiring schematics showing it both ways. Not sure what the reasoning is, other than for convience since it is a ground connection.
If I recall ?????, the 2 engine side leads on mine were fairly short (couple inches only)coming from the harness.

The male end should go to a brown w/white tracer wire in harness. The female end does go to ground. So I'd say if all else you could run a single wire to gauge and ground the other lead. Judging from my manual
Old 01-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered

Yes, just ground the one and run a new wire to the back of the trim gage from the other. If it doesn't work right the first time switch the wires.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered

thanks again,

I was only asking , cause when i sent my harness to the engine builder, i'm not sure if he took that wire out of the harness because i can't find it anywhere...

but thanks again, just waiting for the weather to clear..and i will post some results..

Q