Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    DCB Mach 22 500 30" Bravo& Eliminator V bottom w/pad 20'7" 454 Magnum CMI headers Bravo drive 28" bravo

Question Stand off box, when do you use them, what size of boat?

I don't see them on smaller boats, but wondering when they make sence, pro's and cons (beside the cost)

Pirate of the Chesapeake Gold Member Fenderjack's Avatar

box

We just put a imco box on our 20' chris craft stinger.We did it to get the drive back from the turbulant water,so we can stop blow out and also to make the boat think it's longer,we are trying for 100 mph this year,been running 80.but added the box and a procharger,and external steering.My 2 cents JOHN SR

Registered
    My Boats:
    DCB Mach 22 500 30" Bravo& Eliminator V bottom w/pad 20'7" 454 Magnum CMI headers Bravo drive 28" bravo
    The stinger, that is a rare one! is that the three seater steering in the middle??

Did you add the box at the same time as the supercharger?

And when you added the box, what did you noticed different?

P.S. Which box did you get? what king of $$ was it?

P.P.S. I love th merc ITS with built in steering, but assume it is huge $$

Pirate of the Chesapeake Gold Member Fenderjack's Avatar

box

Yes center steer.We have a you tube vid called 202 stinger fly bye.We went with external steering,bought on OSO for 1200.00 and got a used box and shaft for 1200.00 so 2400.00 don't think you can get a its for that.Have just installed all this and the pro charger,doing some glass work then we can test.JOHN SR

Registered
    My Boats:
    1994 Baja 236 500HP
    I do not have one but a lot of guys here have them. If you go back 12" it is best you also raise the prop depth to get speed gains. The stellings is adjustable +-2 without raising the engine. Imco has a standard and 3" raised, if you do the 3" raised the engine also has to come up. A lot of guys have done the Imco standard box and used a shortie drive. It seems to work on almost any size boat.