Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Why so many bb's vs. sb with procharger?? >

Why so many bb's vs. sb with procharger??

Notices

Why so many bb's vs. sb with procharger??

Old 06-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Thats a nice looking engine...... My project is getting closer. Bob has the cam on its way to Dave and Patrick at Pro Systems is working on the carb. I'm hoping I can pick the engine up monday or tuesday. My fingers are crossed. Bob called me friday and said one of his customers with a 502 with the same afr heads I'm using, a milder cam and 1 point lower compression and a std 4 barrel carb made 650 hp. So even if my engine only builds the same hp per c.i. that puts me right around 570 hp. These new afr oval port heads are something else.....
Thanks, its got some neat parts, but looks rather bland- specially in comparison to my Ilmor 710. It shard to find a single belt kit for small blocks that has the ability to run a sea pump.

Your engine sounds awesome. Who is going to dyno it?

Whose exhaust are you running you said "dry to the tip" earlier?

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 06-27-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Thats a nice looking engine...... My project is getting closer. Bob has the cam on its way to Dave and Patrick at Pro Systems is working on the carb. I'm hoping I can pick the engine up monday or tuesday. My fingers are crossed. Bob called me friday and said one of his customers with a 502 with the same afr heads I'm using, a milder cam and 1 point lower compression and a std 4 barrel carb made 650 hp. So even if my engine only builds the same hp per c.i. that puts me right around 570 hp. These new afr oval port heads are something else.....
Bob hooked me up with a couple sets of the AFR ovals and custom cams to upgrade some 502 MPI's - converted to carbed. They made 630hp and 600tq on 89 octane with a huge flat curve. They are truly an impressive head for their size and Bob knows how to design a cam to make them work.

Last edited by HaxbySpeed; 06-27-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Bob hooked me up with a couple sets of the AFR ovals and custom cams to upgrade some 502 MPI's - converted to carbed. They made 630hp and 600tq on 89 octane with a huge flat curve. They are truly an impressive head for their size and Bob knows how to design a cam to make them work.
I believe they may have been your engines he was talking about. Those are some great numbers you got! Do you have a print out of your dyno session?

UD- I'm running stainless marine w/long risers. If I can ever find a good deal on a set, I'd like to get Eickerts.

Last edited by endeavour32; 06-27-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll scan and print a couple when I get back to the shop tomorrow. It's a great little package that anyone could bolt together. It idles nice and the throttle response is awesome. They're going in a 29 Baja, should be a fun ride! I think by now everyone knows that Bob is the Man when it comes to camshaft design. He is also a great source for engine parts and is willing to share a wealth of knowledge with his customers. The next one going on the Dyno is a 502Mpi with Bob's cam and a custom tune from Mark Boos. I can't wait to see how it tuns out..

Sorry for the hijack
Old 06-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
I'll scan and print a couple when I get back to the shop tomorrow. It's a great little package that anyone could bolt together. It idles nice and the throttle response is awesome. They're going in a 29 Baja, should be a fun ride! I think by now everyone knows that Bob is the Man when it comes to camshaft design. He is also a great source for engine parts and is willing to share a wealth of knowledge with his customers. The next one going on the Dyno is a 502Mpi with Bob's cam and a custom tune from Mark Boos. I can't wait to see how it tuns out..

Sorry for the hijack
I second Bob being the man and sharing his knowledge. Choosing him to build my cam was the best thing I did. After that he helped me design the entire engine.