gen 6 502's what are they worth/trade >

gen 6 502's what are they worth/trade

Notices

gen 6 502's what are they worth/trade

Old 07-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
well something is screwy here, they never produced a genVI without a roller cam, not sure why anybody would go back to a flat tappet ?? you say rods are good ? now way....may get by with reconditioning the one that spun a bearing...I would fix what you have properly..
Just wanted to say I have no idea why the motors were rebuilt with flat tappet cams as the mechanic who pulled the motors for me told me that they should have been rollers.
I have tried to do this build, but since losing my job I cannot
spend any cash on it unless I sell other things. My wife is real firm on not touching the savings account, I am glad she is that way to be honest.

I have ask in the past for any take out cams/lifters/ect for these motors and have had no luck with any low cost parts.
I know it is tight for many out there also.
I have sold a few parts to get the money for the motors, but still not enough.
I have a jet boat that is almost done and will be selling it asap.
Half of the money made from it will be put in the Wellcraft to get it closer to be done.
I have been horse trading like a madman to get things to sell and parts for the boat builds. I figure I might as well do something I know I can do, but at this point I see summer slipping away and thinking if I can sell the 502's maybe I can get running 454's to put in.
All the horse trading and buying selling has been for one main goal, to get this boat in the water, I know I will not be going on long hard runs as that gets very expensive, but hell, I have had the boat over two years and just got it wet once when found out a motor were no good.

So unless I can get take out parts for her cheap or trade something for them I will sell the motors as I have posted. Is it what I want to do?
No but what else can I do to get her in the water.

And yes, I have been thinking of just putting it back together with the current 502's the way they are...
What do you think???

Also if anybody want to trade parts for a flat bottom woodie boat let me know..

johnny
Old 07-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

i have two complete good running 454's 330hp carb to pan

$1200.00 apiece
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered

pm sent.
Thanks johnny