Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Is there an adapter to put 5" hose on a 4" tailpipe? >

Is there an adapter to put 5" hose on a 4" tailpipe?

Notices

Is there an adapter to put 5" hose on a 4" tailpipe?

Old 07-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there an adapter to put 5" hose on a 4" tailpipe?

Is there an adapter to put 5" exhaust hose on a 4" tailpipe??? I need to slightly move down my exhaust tips to line up with my Keith Eickert tailpipes. I just burnt threw an exhaust hose today because my tips are not lined up with my tailpipes correctly. I thought maybe I could move my tips enough if I switched them to 5 inchers instead of glassing in the transom and having to do some gel coat work. Keith Eckert does not make 5 inch tailpipes for their exhaust. Thanks, Jeff Wurl
Old 07-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered

well.., you can do it the hard way or the easy way... the hard way is to get short piece of 5" stainless and a short piece of 4 " and make a series of short wedge cuts in the 5" so that you can cone down an inch or so to the 4 " and then weld everything up and make a 4" into 5" adapter that way ( or call anyone of the dozen header fab guys in nascar country to make them for you ) or you take 5 " ex hose and cut up some 2" lengths and then use them as " spacers " under the primary 5" ( they are about 1/4 thick so two of them cut to length appropriately would fill the gap... ) and tightly clamp.

i would make (or have made )the stainless pieces if it was mine to do.. that way you could precisely define the offset you need...
Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

bump
Old 07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered

If Teague does not have them in stock they can make them very quickly. They also have the 5" tips.