Livorsi Speedo quit >

Livorsi Speedo quit

Notices

Livorsi Speedo quit

Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Livorsi Speedo quit

This past weekend when I was pulling a skiers and my speedo quit working. I noticed it when I turned around to go pick up the skier. I checked the rubber hose mount on the drive to see it it fell off, but it is still connected. Any ideas?? I have a 496 HO with a bravo 1x. Thanks
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Just in the leading edge of the lower unit just above the bullet, is the pickup for the speedo. You probably got a piece of trash or wood in the pickup hole. Take a small drill bit and run it in the hole by hand. DO NOT use a drill. Twist it by hand and it will remove the trash. You can also blow some compressed air backward through the hose from the speedo to the pickup hole. Just don't get carried away and blast it with 150 psi wide open. Should be real easy to unstop. Get used to it. It will happen often. Good luck.
Eddie