GPS question >

GPS question

Notices

GPS question

Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS question

My AutoMeter GPS now has about a 10 second delay on it when I am accelerating. This just started happening this weekend. I will be running at hard and the speedo is way behind to the point where when I get off the throttles, the speedo keeps going up for close to 7-10 seconds to the max speed. It will then come back down the cruising speed I settle at.
GPS has worked fine for the last 3 years. Could the sender being going bad? Any other ideas, or do I just need to send it back to be checked out by mfg?

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Registered

I wish my boat was so fast the gps had to catch up to it
Old 07-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts

i would send it back but my thoughts is the antenna may not be recieveing good signal from multiple satelites. If you happen to have a spare or know someone with a good antenna you could try i would hook that up and test it just to rule out the antenna before tearing the dash up to get the gauge out...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
i would send it back but my thoughts is the antenna may not be recieveing good signal from multiple satelites. If you happen to have a spare or know someone with a good antenna you could try i would hook that up and test it just to rule out the antenna before tearing the dash up to get the gauge out...

Thanks. Will give that a try. Just looking for options before having to remove stuff to send in for repair.