Rinker Captiva 262 SS performance ??? >

Rinker Captiva 262 SS performance ???

Notices

Rinker Captiva 262 SS performance ???

Old 07-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4mula,
I would completely agree with you on the slip and speed. As a matter of fact, the whole reason I started this thread was because I felt the boat had more to offer.

As far as the hook is concerned, I feel that it is not an issue but will absolutely check for it when the boat comes out of the water.

I changed my position a little after I was provided with some additional information. As the chart and picture above show, my boat is on par with the HO and 500 until about 4600. My boat simply will not pull any more revs. The other boats seem to really gain efficiency (less slip) with more revs and the labbed prop setup.

The Raylar cam and ECU flash should get me to the HO specs if not even better. The Bblades recommendation and prop will also get me there.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered

Double post

Last edited by HardmanGT; 07-30-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: double post
Old 07-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HardmanGT
4mula,
I would completely agree with you on the slip and speed. As a matter of fact, the whole reason I started this thread was because I felt the boat had more to offer.

As far as the hook is concerned, I feel that it is not an issue but will absolutely check for it when the boat comes out of the water.

I changed my position a little after I was provided with some additional information. As the chart and picture above show, my boat is on par with the HO and 500 until about 4600. My boat simply will not pull any more revs. The other boats seem to really gain efficiency (less slip) with more revs and the labbed prop setup.

The Raylar cam and ECU flash should get me to the HO specs if not even better. The Bblades recommendation and prop will also get me there.
I see what you mean about the chart. Those are some high slip numbers at 4500 rpm. I will have to ask my brother if he notices a big drop in speed at a slightly reduced rpm.

Attached are a couple pics of his 2002 262 SS (it's currently for sale). I remember now that the 262 does have a very unique pad style hull. You can kind of see it in the stern pic. Maybe it just takes a little more power (like you are working on) to get it over the hump and break free to get that slip number down.
Attached Thumbnails Rinker Captiva 262 SS performance ???-262-pic1.jpg   Rinker Captiva 262 SS performance ???-262-pic2.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Registered

I have seen that boat online. I think this is a better shot of the hull as it seems to be pretty unique. I just haven;t seen anything similar in my limited experience.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've dyno'd several 496 Mags. They make maximum HP at 4600 RPM. It starts dropping after that. Fact is they make just about the same power at 4400 RPM. So, it sounds like the engine is performing correctly since it is pulling a 24" prop to the correct RPM(assuming your tach is accurate). Something is keeping the hull stuck to the water. Was the picture you posted with the boat trimmed up? It looks like there is a lot of hull in the water if it is.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
I've dyno'd several 496 Mags. They make maximum HP at 4600 RPM. It starts dropping after that. Fact is they make just about the same power at 4400 RPM. So, it sounds like the engine is performing correctly since it is pulling a 24" prop to the correct RPM(assuming your tach is accurate). Something is keeping the hull stuck to the water. Was the picture you posted with the boat trimmed up? It looks like there is a lot of hull in the water if it is.
The picture is at a cruising speed, maybe 35-40. I can't be sure. Without currently owning a scanner, or knowing someone that I can borrow one from, what would be another good method of determining RPM/verifying tach accuracy?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered

A timing light that reads rpm will work. They are pretty easy to come by.

Originally Posted by HardmanGT
The picture is at a cruising speed, maybe 35-40. I can't be sure. Without currently owning a scanner, or knowing someone that I can borrow one from, what would be another good method of determining RPM/verifying tach accuracy?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Registered

Another question. What is the altitude where you are boating?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
Another question. What is the altitude where you are boating?
Close to sea level
Old 04-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Registered

Default Jason

I had a similar issue. We had the boat to numerous marina and no luck. Finally I had a tech at robberties marine in ulster ny and he was the only one to fix my problem. My issue was a faulty nock sensor. Basically it would retard the timing and never make all the power. Try it you never know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.