Notices

Stereo install

Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
I run all JL....stuff sounds sick
Ya I looked at JL plus others. But I have a old alpine in it now and it has been good. Plus I already bought it all. Except for the amps.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Optimas in the past, they worked well and definately had the "Bling" factor [if thats what you want] for a dedicated stereo battery "Kinetic" make some cool stuff, but, its heavy, same goes for Surette, but, they are pricey

Michael
Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by capt2130
Ya I looked at JL plus others. But I have a old alpine in it now and it has been good. Plus I already bought it all. Except for the amps.
I have no problem with Alpine's stuff, I just found that you had to buy the "high end" stuff to justify the expense, in other words a $1000 Alpine Deck would probably be better than almost anything out there, but, the $300 Alpine Deck wasn't any better than a lot of other companys $200 deck, if that makes sense, LOL!!

Michael
Old 07-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

I run all JL....stuff sounds sick
I Agree, a neighbour of mine has a pair of 750/1's pushing four of the JL W7's in his Outerlimits and its UNHOLY loud, but, really clean too, I guess some it has to do with the install too, boxes built the right size, sealed up tight, etc
Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
Those Amps are two ohm stable so double up 2 pairs of 7in on each amp and bridge the subs on the other channel. So 2 pairs and one sub per amp.
Not to get into a battery arguement but the DEKA are the way tpo go. You will need only one to run the system not two, and will play at full volume for hours. And I mean pushing in excess of 3000 watts. They are deep cycle with 250 reserve cap and 150amp/hours. Plus they will fit in a standard Batt box no need for a special one. Plus they are 100 bucks not 300x2. I am not saying optimas are bad they are just not as good.
Your amps will actually push your speakers better with that load as well. You will be able to leave the gains down and that in theory will keep temps down of the amps. Make sure they are well ventilated or have a fan to help if they get hot.
I understand using the 2 amps. But using the 2 amps compared to 3 is only $100 difference. So wont it be better that route? just asking

I dont plan on using optimas. I dont know anything about them. I have 2 good batteries now and if I was to get a optima for my stereo. I would have to buy 2 more to replace my existing and the battery boxes. That just the way I am. Things have to match. Granted if I can't find a box to match what I have. I will be replacing them all.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

100 difference go with 3 for sure. May take up more space but you can be easier on the amps and get longer life out of them. I never run an amp over 30-50% gain in a setup I want to last. Optimas are great but you have to make changes to battery chargers etc so you are better off to keep what you have now. The deka really are a good deep cycle that will take an old conditional charger.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

100 difference go with 3 for sure. May take up more space but you can be easier on the amps and get longer life out of them. I never run an amp over 30-50% gain in a setup I want to last. Optimas are great but you have to make changes to battery chargers etc so you are better off to keep what you have now. The deka really are a good deep cycle that will take an old conditional charger.
The amps are stackable so they wont take much room. I plan on putting them in the mid cabin or under the back bench seat. I'll look at it when I'm at the lake over the weekend.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Do the 3 amps, you wont be sorry regardless of price. Amps running a 4ohm, digital or not will draw way less power (amps) and produce less heat, 4ohm will have a cleaner output as well. On a boat, power (watts) is key to loud, clean, reliable sound. If you put the amps in the cuddy run 0awg wire, battery wise I really have great luck with Interstate SRM-29 batteries, they play for a long time and recover (charge) very quickly. In my own 10+ years of audio experience (thats my job) Optimas are ok in cars but in boats most people are not smart enough to take care of them properly, the same goes for most high performance CAR audio batteries, they DO NOT like to be ran down past 12.0 volts very much, and repeated times will kill them. I have seen this plenty of times with SVR, Kinetic, Optima etc. Another thing that helps is to run a 4awg or better wire from the altenator(s) to the switcher or isolator, you will get much better current flow and better charging when the engine(s) are running. Let me know if you have any further ?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I thought the same about the 3 amps. I'm sure I will have more questions as I get into it. This is the first complete system I have put in. I plan on taking my time and having it ready for next spring. Thanks for everyones advice!!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

stopdropanroll Here is a link, I plan on doing example #3.

http://support.alpine-usa.com/produc...M_SWR-M100.PDF

I assume 2 ohms is oK. I plan on using PDX1.6. When cutting the holes for the subs. Do you use a recip saw or large hole saw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.