Stereo install >

Stereo install

Notices

Stereo install

Old 08-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This spring I install the Alpine IDA-X100M, PDX 4.150 and PDX 1.600

1.6 pushing 2 Polk Audio 12inch subs and 4.150 pushing 3 sets of polk components. The wireless remote is worthless...Works best about 3 feet from the system. But I am happy with the sound! Amps mounted in cuddy and vented and still gets pretty warm to hot!

Last edited by xhere; 08-02-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by xhere
This spring I install the Alpine IDA-X100M, PDX 1.50 and PDX 1.600

1.6 pushing 2 Polk Audio 12inch subs and 1.150 pushing 3 sets of polk components. The wireless remote is worthless...Works best about 3 feet from the system. But I am happy with the sound! Amps mounted in cuddy and vented and still gets pretty warm to hot!
I was sceptical on the wireless remote. I planned on putting the amps behind my seat in the mid cabin. I have seen them there on others guys boats and they never said anything about it being to much heat. Would under the back bench seat be better?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by capt2130
I was sceptical on the wireless remote. I planned on putting the amps behind my seat in the mid cabin. I have seen them there on others guys boats and they never said anything about it being to much heat. Would under the back bench seat be better?
I have a 28 Victory which has a similar mid-cabin. I used a six channel JL amp for the cockpit. I put 2-front, 2-rear speakers on separate channels. the two 10" JL subs are on the other two channels. the cockpit sound will blow you out of the water. I ran the bow ant the mid cabin off of the radio amp. the radio amp puts out plenty of power for these small areas. To help with control, i put the blue amp signal wire on a switch so i can turn off the amp and cockpit at night, or when you just want the bow and mid-cabin on. Sweet set-up on an advantage. wireless remote at the helm works great also.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

The reason mine maybe running warming is I have them stacked in the cuddy in a smaller cabinet above the sink on my 35 zr, I put 2 vents in. Mine is wired for 2ohm which may cause more heat? But I love the way it sounds. I used the alpine PDX amps because of the small size to power output..I think it would be better if I installed a small fan to circulate the air better. Under the seat as you suggested may be fine as long as it is vented.

Last edited by xhere; 08-02-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Advantage 575
I have a 28 Victory which has a similar mid-cabin. I used a six channel JL amp for the cockpit. I put 2-front, 2-rear speakers on separate channels. the two 10" JL subs are on the other two channels. the cockpit sound will blow you out of the water. I ran the bow ant the mid cabin off of the radio amp. the radio amp puts out plenty of power for these small areas. To help with control, i put the blue amp signal wire on a switch so i can turn off the amp and cockpit at night, or when you just want the bow and mid-cabin on. Sweet set-up on an advantage. wireless remote at the helm works great also.
That sounds like a good setup. Do you run a wireless remote? If so, have you had any problems?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

I'm running 8 speakers off a 4.150 and it is fine. The PDX amps do not get nearly as hot as conventional class a/b amps and they also draw a lot less power.
I can run my stereo at 3/4 volume for 4 hours off a single 29M battery. I also have a 4.100 bridged that powers my subs.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

That sounds like a good setup. Do you run a wireless remote? If so, have you had any problems?
i miss spoke on the wireless remote, it works only in the mid-cabin and bow because the radio is in the mid cabin and has to be in site for the wireless to work. I have a remote located at the helm that is wired into the blue jack on the back of the Sony Radio.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pretty happy with this set up.

Running 5400 watts of power to drive 5000 watts.
4 PDX 4.150
2 JL 1000

I added 2 80amp Kinetik chargers to keep up with the amp draw.
I can run this forever at full volume.

I add cooling fans to the amps located under the back seat.
The PDX are stacked under the dash and therefore are not confined inside a cabinet. No problems with heating up.

Still have more speakers to install, but it has become quite a project.
Attached Thumbnails Stereo install-p1030153a.jpg   Stereo install-p1030368a.jpg   Stereo install-p1030249a.jpg  

Old 08-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm running 8 speakers off a 4.150 and it is fine. The PDX amps do not get nearly as hot as conventional class a/b amps and they also draw a lot less power.
I can run my stereo at 3/4 volume for 4 hours off a single 29M battery. I also have a 4.100 bridged that powers my subs.
What speakers are you running and how many do you have? Are you running 2 or 4 ohms on your amps? I am assuming 2.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Advantage 575
i miss spoke on the wireless remote, it works only in the mid-cabin and bow because the radio is in the mid cabin and has to be in site for the wireless to work. I have a remote located at the helm that is wired into the blue jack on the back of the Sony Radio.
I was thinking about addind a wireless remote to the swim platform. But wasnt sure how it would work. Im guessing the distance 10-11' from the head unit. Im not sure if Alpine makes at wired remote or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.