Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
anyone know where i can find yellow silicone? >

anyone know where i can find yellow silicone?

Notices

anyone know where i can find yellow silicone?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default anyone know where i can find yellow silicone?

i can not seem to find yellow silicone anywhere. my boat is yellow so white doesnt work well, clear doesnt cover and always seems to discolor and i am trying to hide a slightly imperfect line between my boat and the windscreen. the boat had yellow silicone used in spots and i even got a tube that is partially dried up with the boat. i just cant seem to find it when i google it. if anyone might know where to find some please let me now. thanks in advance
Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look at this www.colorriteinc.com
Old 08-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have used color rite products in building houses, and they are good. However, I'd talk with them before using for a boat, all the products I'm familiar with are for interior use (ie, not likely to have UV stabilizers).
Old 08-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i was looking at the products mentioned also but i was worried about how they hold up in the marine enviroment.... i think the old tube i had which is now missing was called life calk but i cant seem to find yellow still... i know somone has to have it!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by regalman4925
i can not seem to find yellow silicone anywhere. my boat is yellow so white doesnt work well, clear doesnt cover and always seems to discolor and i am trying to hide a slightly imperfect line between my boat and the windscreen. the boat had yellow silicone used in spots and i even got a tube that is partially dried up with the boat. i just cant seem to find it when i google it. if anyone might know where to find some please let me now. thanks in advance
this may sound wierd but!! take some lifeseal white and add food coloring do a test piece to see if it works..