Teague motors >

Teague motors

Notices

Teague motors

Old 08-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teague motors

Anyone have experience with Teague 620 or 720 HP carbureted engines ? I'm curious what kind of idle quality and life expectancy one might expect from these engines. How many hours before top end overhaul, etc.

Teague seems to have a very good name in the industry but here on the east side of America there aren't many Teague engines around.

Considering Mercury Racing uses blowers to get 600 and 700 hp and Teague does not, there have to be trade offs somewhere.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got teague 575's. They are excellent just over 100hrs. They run flawlessly. I have had questions before. No bs Bob himself jumps on the phone and answers himself. It is a good product the only bad thing could be distance if they needed to wrench on them. Eric
Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They put most of the parts together for my 598 and it has been perfect over 280 hours.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deboatmon
Anyone have experience with Teague 620 or 720 HP carbureted engines ? I'm curious what kind of idle quality and life expectancy one might expect from these engines. How many hours before top end overhaul, etc.

Teague seems to have a very good name in the industry but here on the east side of America there aren't many Teague engines around.

Considering Mercury Racing uses blowers to get 600 and 700 hp and Teague does not, there have to be trade offs somewhere.

The only trade off is money.

All the Teague stuff is top shelf, from the raw engine parts to the accessories, to the wiring looms, and the guys there are great.

All the stuff idles like kittens and makes the power he claims.
Engines come complete ready to install minus tails- clean, easy.

all the stuff works and is no BS.

+ the guy (Bob) has ALWAYS been cool to me, and he honors his warranties.

If I were to guess based on what I hear, and the ones I get to drive- the life on those mills...the high hundreds of hours with basic maintenance, top end job in the low-mid hundreds.

Like I said the only trade off is money- good stuff aint cheap, and cheap stuff aint good.

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails Teague motors-teague-shop.jpg   Teague motors-teague-wall.jpg   Teague motors-teague-shop-ilmoe.jpg  

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 08-19-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not had any problems with any of his stuff either & have been dealing business to business with them for years... Jamie / Lakeside