2008 700 sci dying out >

2008 700 sci dying out

Notices

2008 700 sci dying out

Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts
Default 2008 700 sci dying out

Hey guys Im trying to help a friend out that has a 2008 cig with twin 700sci engines ,the port engine will die when going through a no wake,starts right up and then runs fine,we switched the iac and didnt help.we checked the min idle setting and its fine,checked tps reading which was fine,no stored codes,last time it happened we could tell it was going to die because we felt the engine load up like it was flooding out,tryed accelerating in gear and had a hard time getting over 1800 rpms ,shut the engine off and restarted and then was fine,

any ideas? Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaking header? Fouled plugs?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Hey guys Im trying to help a friend out that has a 2008 cig with twin 700sci engines ,the port engine will die when going through a no wake,starts right up and then runs fine,we switched the iac and didnt help.we checked the min idle setting and its fine,checked tps reading which was fine,no stored codes,last time it happened we could tell it was going to die because we felt the engine load up like it was flooding out,tryed accelerating in gear and had a hard time getting over 1800 rpms ,shut the engine off and restarted and then was fine,

any ideas? Thanks
bad anticipation switch at the shift box in the motor box mine did the same thing-- not good especially when trying to dock- change both switchs out they were not that expensive
Old 08-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
Leaking header? Fouled plugs?
No neither,thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by robert246
bad anticipation switch at the shift box in the motor box mine did the same thing-- not good especially when trying to dock- change both switchs out they were not that expensive
Thanks for the info,check your PM
Old 09-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by robert246
Robert Thanks for all your help,you pointed me in the right direction.

Heres an update

If I unplug the Interuptor/anticipation switch and drive the boat with it unplugged the boat runs great and does not die.

I replaced the switch and the boat started dieing out as soon as we pulled out of the boat lift,I unplugged the switch and the boat then runs great,

so my question is what is the correct way to adjust the setting on the switch? I backed it out and on 3 times out it has died one time,better but not 100%

what would happen if I left the switch unplugged? would I hurt the ECU?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by boatnt; 09-13-2010 at 06:56 PM.