heres the update. 502 mpi fuel pressure readings >

heres the update. 502 mpi fuel pressure readings

Notices

heres the update. 502 mpi fuel pressure readings

Old 08-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heres the update. 502 mpi fuel pressure readings

new aeromotive pump installed after surging experience at 3800 plus rpm. then the problem got progressivly worse. with new pump no more surging or problems thru rpm range but pressure drops to 25 lbs at 4200- wot. boats runs great at all rpm's now but not happy with the drop. replaced fuel water filter, areomotive filter 100 micron, pulled pickup from tank and removed screen and check valve. dist cap, rotor, wires and plugs all fine. is there something we missed to cause the pressure drop. just don't want it to run lean. will be taking her to the water tommorow to check it again. any thoughts or opinions would be a plus. tia, mark
Old 08-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Registered

still getiing a surge at high rpm 4000 +. not as bad but still there. thinking of running seperate power off battery direct to pump to avoid any voltage drop off. anyone try this? will be headed back to pit row in the am... tia, mark
Old 08-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered

well we ran a seperate power source to the pump with a single silanoid. boat fuel pressure is steady at 42-45 lbs and good all through the rpm range. it seems that the aftermarket electric cool fuel pumps don't like any voltage drops. problem solved. thanks mark
Old 08-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Registered

The surging was your motor saying "Help me I'm dying of thirst." Hopefully no damage was done.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

no we ran her pretty hard yesterday after we saw the steady 40+ lbs of fuel pressure. before this when the boat would act up i always came down on the throttle to be safe. next trip out saturday and sunday in the chesepeke with bill to reds, pussers, and jellys in his cat . we will be out on the deleware on labor day afternoon in our boat . shes running good now so i want to put some time on here and make sure everythings 100%. maybe over the winter we will start checking why the voltage drop started.. mark

Last edited by mookymonkey; 08-31-2010 at 12:48 PM.