Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Anyone running dual hatch actuators? >

Anyone running dual hatch actuators?

Notices

Anyone running dual hatch actuators?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone running dual hatch actuators?

I've had problems keeping my actuators in sync pretty much since day one. I've monitored voltage before, and didn't see much if any difference of potential at each actuator. They get outta sync worse the lowwer the voltage is. When the engine is running and making 14volts, they are much closer. I noticed that Eddie Marine sells a relay block desinged to run dual actuators. This may help, but not sure it's the cure. Anyone with any experience trying to remedy this problem. I may end up selling one of them and going back to just one with dual gas spring lifts.

This is the relay that I found:

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...&p=26404&c=100

I also wonder if this would work? I wonder if the CP Performance actuators have a clutch so when it hit's these collars they just slip until the other actuator also hits the stop? Any experience with this?

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-14674...op-collar.aspx

Last edited by cloudmaster_321; 08-30-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My latest boat has the box. My other one does not. I seems that both boats have one side a little slower comming down.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered

currently have a cobra 230 razor, i was haveing promblems with one of the actuaters lifting the hatch, i purchased two new ones and I'm haveing the same promblem? Any Advice?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Mine were not working at all, got a relay like that one from diamond performance parts ($50) works great now. When boat is not running they are a little out, when running they are the same speed
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There can be a lot of factors that go into this. The actuators almost always move at different rates. The higher you get the voltage the better this will be. Make sure you have wire that is large enough guage to run the rams. I would go with no less then a 10 guage wire for this on the power and ground all the way to the ram. Other things that can effect this is the placement of the rams on the hatches. Closer to the hinge and the hatch opens faster and vice versa.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How bout just running two switch's and be done with it?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Registered

Real simple solution, run a switch for each actuator, problem solved, mine has always had a switch for each side.
Good Luck.