valve cover breather?

Notices

valve cover breather?

Old 05-06-2002, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation valve cover breather?

I just installed a K/N filter onmy 2000 502 Mag Mpi, but now I have the black rubber hose from the valve cover just laying there, and I don't feel like tapping a hole in the adapter plate. I know they sell one's with the fitting right in it but I didn't buy that 1 opps Does anyone run a push in style breather? Where did you buy it ? and from whom?
so much for quick bolt on's
Old 05-06-2002, 09:34 PM
Intolerant1

I run the carb style K&N flame arrester and made the mistake of switching to a pretty set of chrome pucsh in breathers. Expect a good amount of oily residue around the valve covers if you use them. I ended up taking my old hose connectors and riveting them to the bottom of the new arrester so the oily air gets sucked into the filter.

Old 05-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can pick up the push in breathers at any good auto parts or performance shop. Moroso, KN, among others make them. Also check like Rex or Eddie Marine, they have them also. When I changed Flame Arrestors, I plumbed my hoses back into the new arrestor, it does keep things cleaner that way.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:49 AM
turbo2256

I added a PCV system to my setup with the Eddie Marine valve covers breathers in the front of both valve covers a valley pan under the intake manifold and drilled and tapped a hole for pcv in the rear of the intake manifold into the valley. Works great no oil in the flame arestor no oil on valve covers. Engine has never used oil after 600 hours