need performance marketing expertise for boat sale >

need performance marketing expertise for boat sale

Notices

need performance marketing expertise for boat sale

Old 09-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need performance marketing expertise for boat sale

I have a 1998 31' X 10' wide cruiser with a procharger on a built 7.4MPI. The boat gives the family two sleeping areas an enclosed head with a shower a galley with hot water, a refer and a microwave. Inverter built-in bar. The engine is three years fresh Merlin heads, 6 psi M-1 @ 5400RPM, 52MPH @ sea level, gill exhaust (custom crossover) stern-jack and b-blades bravo III props. Custom aluminum trailer and the list goes on. The time has come to slow down and I am buying a tug. How in the heck can I find another performance nut with a family fun need? Where and how do I market this rig?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered

Here is what my wife wrote about Sierra Sol:
1998 Cruisers 2870 seem to go for around $40,000

Unique boat for sale:

Perfect boating combo – 30’ Cruiser with galley, head, 2 double beds, microwave, etc. etc. PLUS a supercharged single-engine that does 45 mph on Lake Tahoe !

Give your lady the comfort she deserves – get the power you need! This boat and trailer is a unique package that has been upgraded with built in cooler and bar, killer stereo, BBQ, windlass, inverter… just to name a few.

Surprise other boaters when your big, comfy cruiser passes slower vessels with speeds up to 52 mph! Great for a romantic couple getaway, a family fun weekend or a FAST fishing trip!

But, wait there’s more!!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can try to sell like it is..but you are limiting your market a lot..most people that are going to look at that boat are going to walk away scared about problems of a "high performance" setup...best to remove all that you can and sell stock...my .02
Old 09-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered

That is what I have been thinking. I have so many parts in this rig it would be a chalange to get it back to stock.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Getting closer to that tug as I sold my Austin Healey yesterday. If I get my boat gone and move my Beechcraft Baron, I'M IN! The boat has been winterized and has 4' of snow around its tented splendor at this point and I am planning to market it in the spring. About all it could use at this point is to replace the upholstery. Do you think I should try to sell it as is? No rips or tears, just 12 years of pleasurable use. I am guessing it would cost around $1500 to replace. I hope to get $40,000 in the spring. Where should I advertise it? I plan to put it in a California foot hill marina as the real sale takes place underway. I was also thinking of making a YOU-TUBE video, getting on plane and then showing 52MPH on the gps. My wife also thinks the shot should include it passing a camera boat as it really looks cool underway with the Stern-jack and reduced wetted area big boat look.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to see the video!!