Props spinning in or out? >

Props spinning in or out?

Notices

Props spinning in or out?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Props spinning in or out?

Just curious, I have tried my drives both spinning in and out. When I first got my 32 Victory, the shifters were backwards (push forward for reverse and pull back for forward) so I tried switching the props to correct. It just didn't feel right spinning in, so I went back to spinning out. Is is common for different boats to spin either way? Guess I have to switch the cables to correct the shifters.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Some boats like spinning in and some out. It depends on the boat. In can be 1-2mph faster, but handling and docking ability often suffers.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Griff. I was just curious since this is my first boat with twins. Spinning out just felt better, not so sure it is faster or not. It does throw a fairly large rooster tail though.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it seems spinning in is faster on calm water but in the rough forgetaboutit, spinning out seems best, I saw a friends boat all out of shape over the weekend, I think they need to spin out and raise there drive high drives are to deep with boxes I think. they had a another friend who raced that set up go with them so hope they work it out.