BB Chevy Heads

Notices

BB Chevy Heads

Old 09-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BB Chevy Heads

Pulled both heads off today,oval ports,casting number 3933148, are these heads worth doing any work to,possibly bigger valves and some pocket work?,looking to get about 450 horse out of the motor. the block will be 60 over with a compression ratio of about 9 to 1. a mild comp cam,roller rockers,select choice exhaust,air gap intake and holley carb. Am I close on my numbers,usually building 500 inch drag motors but I know the boat thing is a different animal.
Forgot one thing,the boat is a 1988 wellcraft Nova Spyder, Bravo drive,no prop yet but thats the last thing I need to decide on anyway.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are good heads to work with. Lot of people prefer them over the rectangular port heads. As you stated it would be good to go to the bigger 1.88/2.19 valves. Probably need to unshroud them some in the chambers also.

Numbers sound good.