need help on boat information

Notices

need help on boat information

Old 09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on boat information

Hey guys,
I'm looking a for a bigger boat to run in lake MI area.
I currently have a 1980 rebuilt custom f20 formula and for the most part love it. I would like to move up to a bigger boat say 24' to 28' range but still run in the 70 to 80 mph range.
I found a 1987 27' Baja force with a 454 guy says it only run 50 mph not sure if it's cause of the engine not making good HP or if the boat is heavy. I'm still trying to find specs on the hull and design ect.
I don't wan't to break the bank on it I like the fixer upper ones! or what is called project boats. Any Ideas here ?

Thanks Dave
Old 09-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by FORMULAfast
Hey guys,
I'm looking a for a bigger boat to run in lake MI area.
I currently have a 1980 rebuilt custom f20 formula and for the most part love it. I would like to move up to a bigger boat say 24' to 28' range but still run in the 70 to 80 mph range.
I found a 1987 27' Baja force with a 454 guy says it only run 50 mph not sure if it's cause of the engine not making good HP or if the boat is heavy. I'm still trying to find specs on the hull and design ect.
I don't wan't to break the bank on it I like the fixer upper ones! or what is called project boats. Any Ideas here ?

Thanks Dave
a friend of mine has a 89 235 dvx,they are a heavy boat and they are not that good of a ride..also pay close attension the the stringers,a boat that old and the older baja's are common to have stringer rot..it will take alot of power to get that boat to do the mph you want.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks,
I took a moister gauge with me to check the transom and it checked out good. The entire boat has been gone over new engine only 15 hrs and Jasper drive. Other than some spider cracks and fading it looks pretty good.
my 1980 f20 weighs 4,500 lbs and he told me that he thinks this boat weighs 5,000 lbs yet it's 7' bigger than mine!!