K plane trim tab pump >

K plane trim tab pump

Notices

K plane trim tab pump

Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K plane trim tab pump

I have installed a set of K-planes on my boat and need trim tab pumps for them. Iam really looking for new pumps. Any idea where I can buy these?
Thanks
Erik
Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

Keep an eye out in the swap shop or hit up Ebay. Usually you can find decent pumps on there fro $250 or so.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Registered

Don't I need to look for pump designed for trim tabs? I thought I have read that trim tab and outdrive trim pumps are diffrent due to pressure/volume diffrences. Am I correct?
Erik
Old 09-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Registered

Some people say yes, some say no.

From what I've read, the biggest thing is to make sure the high pressure port is pushing the tab down. On the drive, the high pressure port is pushing the drive up. Other than that, most of what you'll read is hear-say on there being two different pumps. I've got three drive pump valve bodies and two k-plane pump valve bodies sitting on my bench, and so far I've yet to find any real visual difference. Maybe the the pressure's are adjusted different...only way to tell is to pressure test them.

That being said, I'm using pumps that used to be used for drives, for my k-planes.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Some people say yes, some say no.

From what I've read, the biggest thing is to make sure the high pressure port is pushing the tab down. On the drive, the high pressure port is pushing the drive up. Other than that, most of what you'll read is hear-say on there being two different pumps. I've got three drive pump valve bodies and two k-plane pump valve bodies sitting on my bench, and so far I've yet to find any real visual difference. Maybe the the pressure's are adjusted different...only way to tell is to pressure test them.

That being said, I'm using pumps that used to be used for drives, for my k-planes.
Which port on the pump is hi-pressure?
I already have a new trim pump for the outdrive I bought all ready, now iam wondering if I should order 2 more for the tabs??
Erik
Old 09-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Registered

post delete

Last edited by crapr6; 09-23-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Registered

Look closer at them. The only difference is you probably have bulkhead/transom mounting plates on your k-plane pumps, you trim pump has a floor mount bracket. And the k-plane pumps have Keikaffer written on them, instead of the SAE J1171 (or whatever the heck the drive pump has on it).

You may also have the connector on the drive pump for easy hook up on the solenoids, as compared to running trigger wires to the solenoid, on the tab pumps.

Other than that, the trim pumps and tab pumps are practically identical. I rewired my trim pump to match my k-plane pumps, only running the trigger wires from the helm back to all pumps, pulling the +12V from a source at the helm.

Other possible difference is how your reservoirs are held on, single bolt under the reservoir or 4 screws on top.

Like I said, if you really look close, they all break down to the same pump. Only possible difference may be in how the valve body pressures are set, other than that, they are pretty much identical.

A quote I saw from mbam goes 'blue sky, green grass', when it comes to the drive pumps. So that means the blue wire is the high pressure side, green is low.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...otor-assy.html
Old 09-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Look closer at them. The only difference is you probably have bulkhead/transom mounting plates on your k-plane pumps, you trim pump has a floor mount bracket. And the k-plane pumps have Keikaffer written on them, instead of the SAE J1171 (or whatever the heck the drive pump has on it).

You may also have the connector on the drive pump for easy hook up on the solenoids, as compared to running trigger wires to the solenoid, on the tab pumps.

Other than that, the trim pumps and tab pumps are practically identical. I rewired my trim pump to match my k-plane pumps, only running the trigger wires from the helm back to all pumps, pulling the +12V from a source at the helm.

Other possible difference is how your reservoirs are held on, single bolt under the reservoir or 4 screws on top.

Like I said, if you really look close, they all break down to the same pump. Only possible difference may be in how the valve body pressures are set, other than that, they are pretty much identical.

A quote I saw from mbam goes 'blue sky, green grass', when it comes to the drive pumps. So that means the blue wire is the high pressure side, green is low.
Thank you very much. You are 100% correct about transom mount pumps for the k planes and the drive trim pump is floor mounted and has the new updated quick connect lines and harness also. The link and info you provided is great thanks again!
Erik
Old 09-23-2010, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here You Are Pumps
Oildyne Pump
Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.