Expirience with Hardin Marine Cyclone headers >

Expirience with Hardin Marine Cyclone headers

Notices

Expirience with Hardin Marine Cyclone headers

Old 09-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Expirience with Hardin Marine Cyclone headers

I have a 35 Lightning with 500HP's, unlike many, I use my boat a lot accumulating well over 200 hours a season in the salt water of the Jersey shore area. I replaced my Gil marine manifolds in 2005 (or there about at the recommendation of a friend) with Hardin Marine Cyclone replacements because they were starting to leak and revert water. In 2008, I found that there was a leak in the Cyclones and opted to replace them because of their over-all poor condition. I have not even two seasons on the Cyclones I installed in early 2008 and they have at least two broken welds. In addition, a performance shop working on the boat commented on their relatively poor condition after such a short period of time (and they know I flush my engines religiously at the end of every day. I called Hardin to discuss this and they said, their headers are not made for the amount of use I put to my boat and we would recommend going to manifolds. I was really disappointed to say the least because I would not have purchased them in the first place had I know that. The manufacturer was not conciliatory or even polite in my opinion. I am currently having them repaired in the hopes I can get another month out of them and will replace with a more reliable manifold in the off season.
Sincerely Dan