H.P. of an EFI500 >

H.P. of an EFI500

Notices

H.P. of an EFI500

Old 10-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

NADA is pretty worthless anyway, but I would use the 471-500hp.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
If that's true. How come Merc first rated the 525efi @ 500 prop ho, and the later, when they introduced the 600 sci and later models, the 525 was rated @ 525 hp, and not specified if it was prop or crank hp. From what I can see, they changed it, after the 575sci went out. That was 550 @ prop. I talked to a merc dealer about this a little while ago, and he said it was on the flywheel for both merc racing and mecruiser these days.

Another reason, I think why merc racing would not rate prop hp, is that a 525 with a ssm 6 would have a different prop hp than a bravo setup. So it does make sense, so rate them at the crank. I have no confirmation on this, but it seems like a plausable idea.
Can't argue the point about the SSM 6, but the 525efi actually puts out around 550hp at the flywheel and they realistically couldn't have a engine putting out that kind of HP that close to a SCI engine..Not too many would go the extra $$ for the 600sci...The 525efi is rated at 500hp at prop most reads you'll find are based on Bravo drive or at least anything I've read.

And of course you'll never get a straight answer from Mercury regarding tech information.