454 (330hp) winter upgrades >

454 (330hp) winter upgrades

Notices

454 (330hp) winter upgrades

Old 10-08-2010, 03:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
The hatch is a 1 piece. The warlock I have is a euro 24 and just under 25 ft long. Pretty low profile so there's not a lot of room to work with. Not a very deep engine compartment.

I think the direction I am going to head at this point is pick up either a preformer rpm or air gap, install the holley 750 and msd that I have all ready bought, install some aftermarket headers or manifolds (just not sure which way to go with that at this time due to the limited amount of space I have in the compartment....we are dealing with 2-3 inches being "the deal breaker" between headers and manifolds because of the limited height. Looks like the headers are a "will or will not fit" deal and the manifolds would fit depending on what height risers I am buying). I would love to run a set of cmi's or lightnings and agree that they would be a better way to go when it comes time to dropping the 502 in it.

The next step after that will be to run it, gps it again (the boat currently has been 65mph on gps) and then switch from the 21p to the 23p prop and see if I have gained enough power to push the 23p prop for more mph.

You never know.......I might get some wild hair up my butt, say....screw-it! and buy a 177 for it and drop that on??????? (they are pretty cheap!) Funny how there's always that little voice inside of you that says...."on a practical level, this might not be the best idea but on an impulsive level it out weighs practical any day of the week!"
Old 11-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter upgrades update

Things are coming along nicely! I just bought a stainless marine exhaust system the other day to replace the factory exhaust and pair of 4" s.s. s-pipes so I can relocate the exhaust to above the water line. This project is definitely starting domino effect! Now that I have all these pretty parts I want to clean up the rest of the engine (move the oil filter to the back of the motor on the head, clean up the "cluttered" look with a crossover, etc..." ONE THING LEADS TO ANOTHER!
I cant wait to put it all together and see how much it changes the look of the engine compartment and find out what kind of mph increase I'm able to get out of all the upgrades that are happening.
I'll post some before and after pics when I get to that point! Should be pretty cool!