switching to new style thermostat >

switching to new style thermostat

Notices

switching to new style thermostat

Old 10-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switching to new style thermostat

thinkin about switchin my old style 4 outlet thermostat to a 2 outlet new style stat. Then takin the stock risers and manifolds that have the water plumbed to them from the old thermostat and replacing them with ss manifolds and risers that dont have the plumbing fitting to connect to the thermostat, I think this is right anybody know for sure? Motor is a 1994 454 mag, Also what manifolds , risers would you recommend
Old 10-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I considered going to that style when I removed my supercharger as my original cooling system came from an 89 motor. In the end I kept the crossover and water bleeds as pressure and flow rates were spot on so I did not need to add the circ pump and all the BS back on. This is the housing I was going to use. It comes with different inserts for varied water flow.
http://www.michiganmotorz.com/stainl...ing-p-274.html