Vinyl repair >

Vinyl repair

Notices

Vinyl repair

Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinyl repair

Ok...has anyone had ANY kinda good luck repairing/patching small rips or tears in vinyl ? Any good suggestions ? Good products ? Somebody musta figured out how to do this by now. Not looking for an invisible, perfect repair....just to look somewhat presentable. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered

Some upholstry shops will do it. Auto upholstry that is. I have had repairs done on cars quite often with great results.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

These auto repair guys are really good at what they do.... can even blend colors ..Had work done a couple of times on my scarab III when I still had it. It is hard to find these guys in the phone book but you can go around to a few of the new car dealers and talk to them. They will give the guy's phone number or when he is making the rounds of the dealers in the area. The guy will come out to your boat and fix it on the spot..Not cheap but compared to new you will save a lot of money.... Also check for a listing in the phone book ( Dr. Vinyl )

Jim

Repairs have always cost me less than $100.00

Last edited by cigboat1; 10-18-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Registered

Good idea about checking with the car dealers. I was just looking to see if there was a nice " do it yourself " kit that showed good results. I had a guy repair a couple small spots on my gel-coat. He was supposed to be the best around. After it was done, and $550 later...it really wasnt all that impressive of a job. So, I figured I'd try to learn it myself the next time. Turns out...its pretty easy...pretty cheap to do...and my repair looks as good as his. Now, I'm looking to try this vinyl repair. Maybe it'll look halfway decent. Dunno yet...lol.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find a mobile interior repair guy that services dealerships...they do it looks awsome, not expensive..
Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ezstriper
Find a mobile interior repair guy that services dealerships...they do it looks awsome, not expensive..
+1 The guy that has done work for me on my cars was a miracle worker. You can even tell where the repair was. Now if the vinyl is a marine grade. It can be repaired but you will be able to see the patch. Something to do with that kind of vinyl I was told.