Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best? >

Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?

Notices

Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

60* angle cut
Old 11-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Strait!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warlock?

Originally Posted by Lofty
I prefer straight personally but a Warlock looks pretty good with some classic balogne cut tips.

mustangmark, you're just around the corner from us. I don't think I know your boat though, is that Walts old Warlock?
The guy I bought my warlock from lives out in Sebastopol. I picked it up a little over a year ago. I had a really wild looking flatbottom that said "whiplash" on the side of it before the warlock. What city do you live in? What do you mean by balogne cut tips? Still new to the i/o stuff...learning fast though. Where abouts do you run your boat?
A buddy of mine sold his warlock euro 24 quite a few years back (like 5-6 years ago) that was the same color mine is. Matter of fact, when I went to look at mine I really thought it was my friends old boat at first. How long ago did your friend Walt buy his warlock and do you know where he bought it from? These boats seem to be fairly rare not to mention, far and few in between.....it wouldn't surprise me if his boat belonged to my buddy Cody if it was the same color! Sense I've been into the boat scene, my buddies is the only other warlock euro 24 I've come across. Every once in a while I will find some pictures of one but it's not that often.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Registered

Default which tips?

Looks like we can sh!^ can the flush mount tips. I'm glad about that because they where my last choice! When you guys say the straight cut tips will be more functional are you referring to the ability to put external flappers or mufflers on the tips? I will definitely have internal flappers inside the tips. I'm going to order them with em'.
This might sound like a stupid question, has anyone managed to cut themselves or heard of someone cutting themselves on the angle cut tips climbing in or out of a boat? I think the angle cut tips would look bad a** but also like how the straight cut tips look so I guess it comes down to WHATS GONNA LOOK MORE AGGRESSIVE!
I have to have these things custom made if I go angle cut because I have not been able to find anything but straight cut that has a 25 or 30 degree mounting flange to match my transom angle! ahhhhh.....decisions, decisions, decisions!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 73 Likes on 23 Posts

I have angle cut with internal flappers.Look and sound awesome. Mufflers are for Sundancers!!!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Registered

________
________
Old 11-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Registered

Default tips

I like all the opinions that you guys have been leaving! At first from the input I was receiving (here and through my friends that I hang out and boat with) it looked like "the straights" where gonna run away with it "like a Brown / Whitman gov. race" lol! but it turns out that there's a lot of people that like the angle cut style too!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Go Slash Cut with internal muffler
Old 11-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Angle cut, mufflers suck, let it breath !!!! Well unless you have a law enforcement issue.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Angle cut, mufflers suck, let it breath !!!! Well unless you have a law enforcement issue.
I know mufflers suck so what I had done to my tips was to remove the internal flapper and tig weld an internal muffler as shown.
This make the boat legal where we boat with the law enforcement and still let it sound good.
These tips are rated for 700 HP.
Attached Thumbnails Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?-img_1703.jpg   Hey, lets get your opinion on which tip would look best?-img_1704.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.