Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the carb

Old 11-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

my honest opinion,,trash those and pick up a set of sea demon 750's and all your troubles will go away..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ine-carbs.html
Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

Why do you think these carbs are bad?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:00 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

I had a pair of these, and NEVER did like them... hot starts was a real b1tch sometimes.... fattened them up to 70/74 jets and then they ran *okay*... still never liked them... i think the needle and seats are also too small...
Old 11-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
my honest opinion,,trash those and pick up a set of sea demon 750's and all your troubles will go away..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ine-carbs.html

Fix, you don't think Demons will be too much on a small block? I would have recommended a set of 4150s - 750 cfm.

I always had bad luck having BGs provide too much fuel to small blocks that ran less than 400 cubes and less than 350 or so Hp. I had a 410 stroked small block that I thought was big enough for a 750 Demon, but I had to send it back to BG twice to lean it out.

*** On a side note, has anyone had any trouble with BG lately? I sent them a damn fuel pump almost a year ago and they still haven't sent it back...
Old 11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Fix, you don't think Demons will be too much on a small block? I would have recommended a set of 4150s - 750 cfm.

I always had bad luck having BGs provide too much fuel to small blocks that ran less than 400 cubes and less than 350 or so Hp. I had a 410 stroked small block that I thought was big enough for a 750 Demon, but I had to send it back to BG twice to lean it out.

*** On a side note, has anyone had any trouble with BG lately? I sent them a damn fuel pump almost a year ago and they still haven't sent it back...
i run a 750 on my 355, it is far from stock but it works vary well,on his set up and him being at sea level it should be fine..i have always run 750's on all my 350's chit i even ran one on my old engine in my donzi which was a 312 cid but i had fuelie heads that were ported and polished and a 510/510 L 280/280 D on a 106 lobe center solid lifter cam...i would wing the crap out of that engine..

His carburetors have vacuum secondaries which i think is where he is getting his lien condition along with the small jets..
Old 11-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by olmako20
Why do you think these carbs are bad?
all honesty,,in my eyes that was the worse carburetor that Holley ever made..like buiz said they tend to run on a lien side..
Old 11-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown

BTW, call bg and ask for scott,tell him the situation and he willl be able to hel you out..
Old 02-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
BTW, call bg and ask for scott,tell him the situation and he willl be able to hel you out..

WOW... Just frickin'... WOW...

That fuel pump I sent back to BG... Guess what??? I was RIGHT!

They sent me my fuel pump back today, unrepaired, with a cute little message saying the following:

Repair Part Customer,
We are returning your product to you, as we are unable to repair or replace it at this time. Barry Grant Inc. has ceased operations and filed Chapter 7 (Bankruptcy).

Thank You

Frickin' BRILLIANT... Now I have a fuel pump that needs a motor that only Barry Grant manufacturers and they're done... Grrhhh.... I'm gald I switched to Areomotive pumps when they took too long to get back to me in the first place.