Labor Cost on Changing Valve Springs >

Labor Cost on Changing Valve Springs

Notices

Labor Cost on Changing Valve Springs

Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
And it may. You are correct in that it depends on the boat. Some are much worse than others. Some need interior removed, some have rusted fasteners, some need the hatch removed, etc. It takes time to do it right. Everything needs to be covered to protect the paint and upholstery. As a shop, you have to factor in all the time it takes to cover everything, take them out, remove the bell housing, coupler and flywheel, and get them on a stand, and pick up everything. It's not just the removal.
By the way, my shop rate is only $65/hr. That's not an excuse to charge more hours, just stating my rate, as most are at $90+/hr.
Eddie By trade I am a race engine builder also, but in a differant realm then boating. 65 per hour is very reasonable. Your rate shows love for the craft. I have heard many good thing about your work here on this forum. Thanks for fighting the good fight! It it very easy for engine builders to get a bad name. I don't think people realize how hard most of us work to take of their "pride and joy".
Old 12-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you Jeremy. I consider myself lucky that I get to do something I truly love to do. i enjoy going to work everyday. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but what isn't? It makes those good days that much better. If you didn't have some bad days, then you wouldn't appreciate the good ones as much
Keep after it buddy. Hope to meet you one day.
Eddie