Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
where to order OEM crank and rod bearings, '90 454 MAG? >

where to order OEM crank and rod bearings, '90 454 MAG?

Notices

where to order OEM crank and rod bearings, '90 454 MAG?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottw
1988 to 1992 454 Magnum.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_Pictures3.asp?dnbr= 19378&ivar=images/CRUISER/19378/35.png&inbr=961&bnbr=190&bdesc=CRANKSHAFT%2C+PISTO NS+AND+CONNECTING+RODS
i looked at that website before, none of the part numbers matched my bearings.. they also only have the bearings in full .001" sizes?

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
This may very well be a good idea. Correct me if I am wrong, and I very well may be, but I was under the impression that rod bolts were only good to be torqued one time.

The factory bolts from GM I was told were "torque to yield" bolts that strectch and should not be used twice.

Again, I could be wrong on this. I know this is a fact for the buick 3.8 V6 as I had an issue with this in my Grand National, but not sure about a Big Block Chevy Marine motor.
my mercruiser manual does not state anything that i saw about not being able to re-use the rod bolts?? i would assume the manual would state that if its the case?

i did find it interesting that they have a torque # for them, i kinda expected to see a bolt stretch number on them VS a torque number.