454 Gen VI, (L-29) EFI Build >

454 Gen VI, (L-29) EFI Build

Notices

454 Gen VI, (L-29) EFI Build

Old 01-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Maybe, I am not a expert just somone that has had a lot of trial and error. LOL I had reversion on a setup several years ago. I had a flat tappet cam with similar duration specs and stock exhaust/silent choice. The engine had moisture under the valve covers, behind the timing chain and ruined the oil. Before I knew it I had damaged the mains and broke the crank shaft. Mine is loud all the time, just turn up the stereo. You could get mufflers on the tips.
I hear ya loud and clear Jeff..but was just wondering if the EMI silent choice tailpipes might give me a measure of protection over the stock risers like you had used...just a thought.
The other thing is I don't think I could use a long tailpipe because right after the riser there are 90 deg elbows to get the pipes to the extreme outside of the boat at the water line. Maybe I can find a picture.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatsnstuff2
I hear ya loud and clear Jeff..but was just wondering if the EMI silent choice tailpipes might give me a measure of protection over the stock risers like you had used...just a thought.
The other thing is I don't think I could use a long tailpipe because right after the riser there are 90 deg elbows to get the pipes to the extreme outside of the boat at the water line. Maybe I can find a picture.
I did contact the tech people at Eddie Marine concerning water ingestion using their silent choice stainless risers. They do NOT recomend going over 230 degrees on the exhaust side even with 112 LSA. So I guess I'll save the 731 for something else.
The good news is that the entire comp kit (222/230) can be had for less than a grand, including springs, retainers, studs, pushrods, lifters etc.
I still need to find someone to program my ECU.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Call Bob RMbuilder, he will know exactally what you need. I will have to look up his number. Or you could do a search and his info will pull up.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered

I just talked to Bob today. Give him a call @ 585 654 8583
Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by airboat502
I just talked to Bob today. Give him a call @ 585 654 8583
Thanks to everyone for the replys! Ron