Sell or part out 1,100 HP Motors >

Sell or part out 1,100 HP Motors

Notices

Sell or part out 1,100 HP Motors

Old 01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sell or part out 1,100 HP Motors

Looking for some advice on used motors. I have a deal in the works on a boat that already has power in it. Well, I have my own power and don't need the motors but he doesn't want to pull the power. So would you try to sell these things together or part them out? The deal somewhat depends on what they're worth and I have no clue.

Dart Big M Blocks -- seem to have good internals (manley, JE, Jesel etc.)
14-71 Mooneyham Blowers
Dart Big Chief heads
65 hours

Part them out or try to sell complete? Are they worth anything? Thanks you
Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by GOT POWER
Looking for some advice on used motors. I have a deal in the works on a boat that already has power in it. Well, I have my own power and don't need the motors but he doesn't want to pull the power. So would you try to sell these things together or part them out? The deal somewhat depends on what they're worth and I have no clue.

Dart Big M Blocks -- seem to have good internals (manley, JE, Jesel etc.)
14-71 Mooneyham Blowers
Dart Big Chief heads
65 hours

Part them out or try to sell complete? Are they worth anything? Thanks you

i would put them aside and use them for spares,,you never know when a motor is going to pop..
Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered

From looking thru that classifieds here you could probably get between $ 400000.00 and $ 500000.00 for them fairly easy.

You will need to spend a little $$$ on a good mechanic to check them out for you before they are removed from the boat.

If you could get a copy of the build sheets that would be an advantage and you may even be able to sell them for much more depending on the quality of the internals.

There are currently a pair of Merc 1075's for sale at $ 70000.00 but they are supercharged injected motors.

Good luck.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain Fever
From looking thru that classifieds here you could probably get between $ 400000.00 and $ 500000.00 for them fairly easy.

You will need to spend a little $$$ on a good mechanic to check them out for you before they are removed from the boat.

If you could get a copy of the build sheets that would be an advantage and you may even be able to sell them for much more depending on the quality of the internals.

There are currently a pair of Merc 1075's for sale at $ 70000.00 but they are supercharged injected motors.

Good luck.
I think ya better recount them zero's !!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 285 Likes on 137 Posts

nobody in their right mind would pay $50k for a pair of used 1100's. Atleast I wouldnt. You can find a deal on a freshened up pair for that much.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 813 Likes on 373 Posts

Nobody seems to want used motors except merc's unless you fire sale price them, just the way it is. As far as parting them out, you'll end up with parts you are stuck with unless again, you firesale the stuff or you have top of the line parts, Smitty
Old 01-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Lots of expensive parts there. I would try to keep the package together so you could demo the engines to a potential buyer. I believe this would really increase the value. That combo with the big chief heads will require a lot of valve train maitainence and expense. Market will be small for it. However, the heads are in high demand by drag racers, they'll snatch them up. If they'll run try to sell complete, price them right. If not, you'll have an easy time getting some good money for the parts. Just more of a hassle shipping and collecting money.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replys, I'm assuming I will have to give them away and would rather give them away in one piece versus parting them out. Because of the big chief heads, I may try marketing them to drag racers as well.

I have the build sheets and dyno pulls, so if they leaked down and ran well, anyone have a "give away" number? I know it is all in what someone is willing to give in this market, but with good parts, they have to be worth something. Thank you
Old 01-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered

Im curious as to what boat your buying. Good luck on the deal.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 285 Likes on 137 Posts

heres a fresh pair of phaff 1000's w/ trannys for $40k....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36737-en.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.