Any ideas on props? >

Any ideas on props?

Notices

Any ideas on props?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideas on props?

Here is the question. Running a 22 B1 and only turning 4600 with a 502mag efi. I haven't tried the 23 yet so I can't guess what it will do. I also have a 21 solid hub cleaver and a 21 open hub cleaver. Any direction to go would be nice.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smcser
Here is the question. Running a 22 B1 and only turning 4600 with a 502mag efi. I haven't tried the 23 yet so I can't guess what it will do. I also have a 21 solid hub cleaver and a 21 open hub cleaver. Any direction to go would be nice.
First of all what boat is it. I assume the 23 is a 3 blade so depending on the boat and what 3 blade it is it may pick up a little speed and rpm compared to the 22 4 blade, but not much at all, like 100 rpm and 1-2-3 mph. Little harder to get on plane also. The 21p cleavers, assuming their 3 blade will probably let the motor rev a little higher but with less pitch won't produce much speed difference either. Also the cleavers will be harder to get on plane and you will have to run it faster to stay on plane. Their more of a top end prop and not a all around use prop. Only way you will find out for sure is to try them all. IMO if the 23 is a mirage plus it would probably be best but then again it's hard to say with out knowing what boat you have. If it's a heavier boat then I would say the B1.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry the 23 is a 3 blade. I like how it runs with the B1 4blades but not getting the right rpms. It's on a 1984 Formula 40. Big and very heavy. Not looking for top end just a good cruise. I will be playing with some props this spring.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Your going the wrong way, I would try Mirage 21p. That shouild get you about 300 RPM and a little more speed.