Notices

600HP LS Marine Engine

Old 05-13-2011, 04:25 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
UD,

Couple things. It would be interesting to look closely at the potential weight savings when comparing LS to your current small block.

Can the LS platform of equivalent HP levels run on lower octane fuel? The Mast engine example above runs on 89 octane. I guess the potential for higher HP LS platforms running 91-93 octane is there.

IMO another advantage besides lighter weight and improved breathing/efficiency is the variable cam timing which gives you more area under the torque curve. This is not considered when just comparing peak HP and torque numbers. The dyno run posted by bor shows 500+ lb*ft of torque from 3400 to 5600 rpm. This is what you will feel in the seat of the pants.
We even not use the vvt !!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAST Engineering

BTW Congrats on your new killer mill Bor

I see in a prior mail from MAST it was signed by Scott Mount.

Is this the same Scount Mount from Ilmor?

If so thats a score for MAST. Scott was very proffesional personable and put out a solid product.

This is my other smal block (with 2 extra cylinders)

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails 600HP LS Marine Engine-710.jpg   600HP LS Marine Engine-dsc05611.jpg   600HP LS Marine Engine-dsc05620.jpg  

600HP LS Marine Engine-dsc08824.jpg  

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 05-13-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:36 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Uncle dave ,

I d'ont know about Scott Mount but I do know that Mast is growing very fast and they do a lot on R&D there tech support is also very good ,got even some mails from the president on the progress of my project ,very nice and helpfull people there !

I used the closed cooling from PCM they have a ss sea waterpump that bolts direct on the block ,it's the big black pulley on the left side .
for the steering I use a electric pump .

That's the most beautifull marine engine I have seen till now and probally is one of the best there's made till know !
That will also be a nice look in the bilge from my 21 ft !

Maybe in a few years ,have have some goals in life !

there is a small thread on here about the project

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10168

Bor