Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Where to install EP-60R Fuel Senders? >

Where to install EP-60R Fuel Senders?

Notices

Where to install EP-60R Fuel Senders?

Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to install EP-60R Fuel Senders?

I went to install the EP-60R fuel senders (simply measures fuel flow thru sensor) purchased from Lowrance. Directions state to simply splice in the sender between the engine and the fuel tank. The senders have aproximately 1/4" to 3/8" diameter nipples with barbs for splicing into the fuel lines. My fuel lines do not get down to this size until between the fuel pump and the carbs where it is hard piped with aluminum tubing. Do I simply cut the aluminum tubing between the fuel pump and carbs and splice the sender in with rubber tubing and hose clamps? any other suggestions or tips for installing these senders/sensors? or how to make the connections?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

The EP-60R has a 3/8" nipple inlet and outlet.

What engine are you trying to install this on? You will have to use rubber hose and clamps to connect to the nipples on the fuel flow meter. Make sure you orient the sensor up and down, with the outlet pointed up, as the instructions mention.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Registered

Thanks Keith, wasn't sure. I used a tubing cutter and cut out a vertical section of the tubing and used rubber hose and clamps. Got to get some extension cables to get them to the network connection.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

I bought all the cables, t's, etc from boatersland.com
Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

What headunit are you using? I'm using a hds-5 chartplotter. Lowrance has other instruments (lmf's?) that hook up to the sensors. I tried getting my sensors and network supplies from lowrance's LEI. I wound up getting everything from defender.com. Will look into your source also.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered

It's a test rig we have for testing fuel economy when tuning the EFI setups. We are using the LMF-200 gauge as the display.