Mefi Tuning Software >

Mefi Tuning Software

Notices

Mefi Tuning Software

Old 04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
That looks like a cool product. When I first saw something written about CMD marine I thought it was something to do with Cummins Mercruiser Diesel... www.cmdmarine.com Might not be the best name choice...
Could be...but we already make the CMD product line for automotive applications, so it was a natural choice to call it CMD Marine.

Originally Posted by articfriends
Looks pretty cool, seems like it works similar to the fuel injection hijacker I am running on my Arctic cat z1-turbo. Would be a great tuning aid for a guy who has ECU'S that are locked or just stock!!
What product is that? We also make a device similar to the CMD Marine, for the Arctic Cat Z1-Turbo. It's called CMD as well, based off our automotive CMD product with boost solenoid control, MAP/MAF clamping, etc.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by DynojetResearch
Could be...but we already make the CMD product line for automotive applications, so it was a natural choice to call it CMD Marine.

What product is that? We also make a device similar to the CMD Marine, for the Arctic Cat Z1-Turbo. It's called CMD as well, based off our automotive CMD product with boost solenoid control, MAP/MAF clamping, etc.
I'm running a d/d hijacker on the Z1turbo,switching to Turbo dynamics next year because you can make more hp on pump gas due to ideal tune but send me a link to the CMD you sell too, Smitty
Old 04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are multiple products available for the Arctic Cat Z1 turbo, and each have their pros and cons. There are two basic types; piggy back devices and ECU reflashes.
The piggyback devices intercept and alter the signals from the ECU to optimize performance. The piggyback devices make no permanent change to the sleds electronics and can be customized to your sleds modifications and riding style.

ECU reflashes optimize performance by changing the internal mapping in the ECU. The ECU reflash is more permanent and does not allow the user to make changes for their unique riding style and combination of performance modifications (different intercoolers or larger turbos ect. ect.)

There are two piggyback devices on the market for the Arctic Cat Z1 turbo sleds, the Boondocker Hijacker and the Dynojet CMD (Combustion Management Device). The Dynojet CMD uses OEM style connectors and plugs directly inline with the sleds ECU and factory wiring harness. Total install time is usually less than 5 minutes and no cutting or splicing is necessary. To return the sled to stock simply unplug the connectors, remove the CMD from the snowmobile and plug the wiring harness back into the ECU.

The Dynojet CMD can be paired with a manual boost controller to vary the horsepower from a pump gas safe 210hp up to 290hp with straight race fuel. Since the CMD is watching boost pressure, you just turn up the boost pressure with the boost controller, and the CMD adds fuel according to the map stored in the unit. The CMD can be paired with our AutoTune wideband O2 unit, to assist the user in building maps for their unique riding style and performance upgrades (just like the new CMD Marine unit can). You can also log data and play it back on your computer to analyze the engine vitals through the Master Control Center software available for the Arctic Cat CMD units.

Here is a link to the hardcore sledder forum where Bikeman performance posted information about their Z1 turbo hop up package. This thread details what they did and how much power they achieved with the CMD. Its pretty impressive. The stock sled puts out 177hp and I think they turned it up to 291hp. I think the 210hp -240hp tune would be much more reliable than 291hp.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...-build-up.html
Old 04-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

I am a HCS member too, I think you need to market your controller more aggressively as I missed this thread and never heard of the CMD controller before this, the Hi-jacker and T/D gets tons of press/customers as a result of there heavy marketing. Snowtech magazine is the snowmobilers hard core tech mag (if your not advertising there), Smitty
Old 04-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
MEFI is also used by Volvo correct? I have a new volvo controller and may be interested in using it with a performance engine/custom tune.