502 mpi procharger fuel system questions

Notices

502 mpi procharger fuel system questions

Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 502 mpi procharger fuel system questions

Im trying to set up my fuel system on my 502mpi for my procharger and want to do it the right way. Is there anyone out there that will give me a call or someone that i can call about this. I have most of the parts and the aremotive fuel pump and aremotive fuel pressure regulator with boost refference. i have general idea how it works but having few question once i get to the fuel rail. Please help thanks. 817 647 5334.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a wideband air/fuel gauge setup on your engine to monitor the air/fuel ratio with your new parts? If not, I'd recommend it. That's how you determine if it's rich or lean, and where and how much. This will tell you where you need to tune to set it up properly.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in the process of removing that setup..sold the EFI I do not like the band-aid set up procharger does for these...all they do is increase fuel pressure thru a boost referneced regulator to cover the mixture increase...switching to a blow thru carb....do you have the installation instructions ? it's clear in there ?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes i do have the instructions but i am not using the procharger fuel pressure regulator or there fuel pump. I bought the aremotive a1000 fuel pump and the aremotive fuel pressure regulator with boost reference. I am also getting the ecu reprogrammed. My procharger is not self contained and i have to put the oil return hose to the oil pan any advise or some other way i ccan maybe route it to the valve cover or is this a bad idea? Thanks for helping.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

according to my instruction mine came with the aeromotive 1000 pump, regulator..plus the extra peice on the fuel cooler, what year kit do you have ? going to have to get the drain into the oil pan, with the fitting angled up slightly and to the front..mine is a SC...feel free to call me if you wish...Rob 540-786-8111
Old 03-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Registered

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw this out there...we here at Dynojet Research just debuted a new product at the LA Boat Show last week. We're calling it the CMD Marine. CMD stands for Combustion Management Device.

For those of you that know of the Dynojet Power Commanders for motorcycles and ATV's, this is basically an 8 cylinder version which will work on virtually all EFI systems. The system connects directly at the fuel injectors, so as long as we have the right connectors, we can drive the system.

ProCharger is currently waiting for us to release one of our systems for an application they are working on now, so they are not strangers to our line of EFI controllers. We are looking forward to working with them in the future, to possibly supply them with a fuel controller that will give them the functionality that they need and you guys are asking for.

Not only does the CMD Marine offer fuel air/fuel control over the entire RPM range, but we can also option it with single or dual wideband and the system can go into closed-loop and AutoTune the fuel curve based on your air/fuel targets set in the software.

Check out the press release about it here: http://imageftp.dynojet.com/CMD-Mari...CMD-Marine.pdf

This flyer here also has all the AutoTune accessories, gauges and LCD touchscreen displays, etc.: http://imageftp.dynojet.com/CMD-Mari...ow%20Flyer.pdf

You can also check out the beginnings of the website at http://www.dynojetcmd.com. There was also a video shot at the LA Boat Show that is now on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjyHQ3lv1qI

We are just finishing up the software that is dedicated for the marine market, but the first units and harnesses are already done. The harnesses are plug-and-play for the injectors on the 496 Mag/HO and pretty well all the big block engines (7.4/454, 502, 500EFI, 525EFI, etc).

If you guys have any questions, feel free to write here, PM us or send us an e-mail at [email protected]
Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by swan2
Im trying to set up my fuel system on my 502mpi for my procharger and want to do it the right way. Is there anyone out there that will give me a call or someone that i can call about this. I have most of the parts and the aremotive fuel pump and aremotive fuel pressure regulator with boost refference. i have general idea how it works but having few question once i get to the fuel rail. Please help thanks. 817 647 5334.
Give me a call. I can tell you how to plumb the fuel system. The year model you have will determine what needs to be done. There are 3 different versions of that fuel rail. They all need one of the injector holes bored out. The feed hole to one injector is not much more than .100. We bore it out to over twice it's size. If not, there is a good chance you will run that cylinder lean. You also need to feed the rail from both ends so you don't run one end lean. You will starve one end if you only put fuel in the other end. Like I said, it depends on which rail you have. The older ones (pre 98) need 2 holes drilled in the rail to tie the 2 different passages together.
Give me a call and I can tell you what you need to know. I have done tons of them. I can also do all of the mods to the fuel rail if you wish. Thanks
Eddie
615-216-7449
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Eddie,

Sorry to revive an old thread but can you explain what injector hole needs boring? I have a 2000 fuel rail. Also, how do you get a fitting in the back of the fuel rail since it is so close to the distributor?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

HI,

Just give Eddie a call and mail him your fuel rail. He puts 45 degree angle fittings in it so that it clears the dist.. I sent mine to him and I have run two seasons with my 502 mpi stock engine now and with problem free turn key everytime. I really love the procharger on mine it really woke the boat up. The main thing is to be sure and completely redo you fuel system. I dont mind telling you how mine is set up if it would help you.

Thanks

Michael
Old 03-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Give me a call. I can tell you how to plumb the fuel system. The year model you have will determine what needs to be done. There are 3 different versions of that fuel rail. They all need one of the injector holes bored out. The feed hole to one injector is not much more than .100. We bore it out to over twice it's size. If not, there is a good chance you will run that cylinder lean. You also need to feed the rail from both ends so you don't run one end lean. You will starve one end if you only put fuel in the other end. Like I said, it depends on which rail you have. The older ones (pre 98) need 2 holes drilled in the rail to tie the 2 different passages together.
Give me a call and I can tell you what you need to know. I have done tons of them. I can also do all of the mods to the fuel rail if you wish. Thanks
Eddie
615-216-7449
Bringing this back to the top.

Are there any pictures of this mod you can share?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.